Wednesday, September 1, 2010

An Angel Sent to me in 2006

So I had to work at JC Penney's on Christmas Eve from 8am to 2pm.


I have been real stressed out lately and making everything a big deal.

So, I was helping this elderly man find some slippers that would fit him, and he found them and said he wanted to do some more shopping and that he would be back to get them.

So I continue helping other customers and eventually he comes back so I hand him his slippers and he pulls me to the side and says:


"I'm a Christian and I have these cards that I pass out to people when I feel led to pass them out to someone. Well, I was walking around the mall and I suddenly strongly felt that I should give you one, now I don't look at them, I just hand them out, so take this one and read to me what it says."



I reach for the card and read it out loud to him, "Lighten Up Ya'll! Rejoice in the Lord always; again, I will say Rejoice!"



He said, "God wanted you to have that" He then gave me a hug and said, "Merry Christmas and God Bless."




I almost started crying... it's just what I needed and it brought me back to what I've been missing lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment