Monday, February 14, 2011

Heaven!

I am super distracted today. Firstly, it's Valentine's Day, but other than the distraction of the fact that I am single... I am also distracted by a million other things, my car situation (my tire blew out this weekend & my other car is in the shop), my job, my bills, my friendships, this headache I seem to get every day multiple times throughout the day. The list could go on with all the things that are distracting me. You get the point. So sorry if this post seems scatter-brained. Hopefully it will still make sense & I will be able to get my point across.

I had an amazing day yesterday. Clay, Kendra, & I went to the Austin Stone for church. Matt Carter gave his sermon on Heaven. It was a fun, happy message about the promises of Heaven & the new world. Isaiah 65:17 "Behold, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind."  2 Peter 3:13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness.  Revelation 21:1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

Listen to Matt Carter's sermon at this link below.

http://www.austinstone.org/resources/sermons/category/what_will_heaven_be_like/


How exciting is that sermon!!! I am so ready for a world without sin. I am so ready to meet Jesus & God & all the people from the Bible. I am so ready to have relationships without sin. I am just sitting here trying to imagine all this & I am in complete awe. There is no way I can even imagine how wonderful it is all going to be, yet I am so excited & fired up about it. I hope that you are too!  A world with no insecurites, no worries, not death, no tears, no sin, no pain... best of all our creator will be there with us!

God is molding me into the person that I was made to be. Sometimes I may fail, but He is always there to pick me up.

I don't need anything but Jesus & God's Grace. I am going to try to stop worrying about the small things. I am going to stop worrying about "boys". I don't need them. I am going to start focusing more on the important things. It won't be easy. But is anything ever worth doing or worth having easy to obtain?

Today, Jesus is my valentine. <3 & Everyday from now on for that matter & he even was every day before that I Just didn't realize it :)

2 comments:

  1. Great blog Jules! Not scatter-brained at all, I was picking up what you were putting down the whole time! I really like the idea of God molding us into who we were made to be. Nothing we do can change what we were made to be, ha sometimes we just make God's job a little harder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved your post!!! I will def listen to his sermon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete